What you can do
Arborea Cottage consists of two bedrooms (one double, one with two singles), kitchen, lounge and two bathrooms. The cottage is rustic, in that it does not have electricity, but refrigeration, cooking and hot water is effficiently gas operated. There is an outdoor braai area on a large stoep which has great views of the mountains and the valley below.Bedding & linen is provided. On booking a complete inventory listing will be supplied.
The main bedroom
- Bird Watching - a detailed list is available for download here, and recent raptor sightings include Verreaux's Eagle, Booted Eagle, Jackal & Steppe Buzzards as well as all the normal regional small raptors, like black-shouldered kite and rock kestrels.
Typical Cape mountain birds abound, and the terrain is ideal for endemic rarities such as the Cape Rockjumper and Cape Rock Thrush.
- Walking - easy walks using the extensive farm roads & paths.
- Hiking - the onus is on the hiker to ensure adequate maps and permits are carried when leaving the boundaries of the farm. But with this in place, the area offers superbly rewarding vistas over every mountain crest.
- Mountain biking - using the paths and farm roads, you will be able to cover most of the 1300 hectares of the farm.
- Flowers - the area boasts many rare species and concentrations which are particularly spectacular in spring.
Please contact us for more information.